Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 1996 23:20:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Keith Leonard <keithl@gil.net>
To:        XavierAlbornoz <rubensfr@embratel.net.br>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Install Proc.

Howdy,
I'm new at this too, but when I tried the view install from the cdrom it=20
crashed the system and then I tried the floppy install - don't remember=20
the error messages but it didn't work either. The one thing that stopped=20
the problem for me was DISABLE the OS memory manager and cacheing. As=20
soon as I killed the DOS emm386 (and DOS complained bitterly) the view=20
command worked and the installation took about 35 minutes (and I loaded=20
my system up). I have heard that disabling your machines shadow ram does=20
something to help (I just can't remember what). Forgive me if this=20
doesn't help but I'm stumbling along also.

Keith Leonard
keithl@gil.net
Live free or die!