Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:23:50 -0700
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@mostgraveconcern.com>
To:        "Ernst de Haan" <ernsth@nl.euro.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Automatically cvsupdating?

> If I would like to run cvsup every night or so, and have the output sent to
> certain email address, how would I do that?

This is how I do it every Friday night...

In /etc/crontab:

    # Run cvsup every Friday night at 10:00 pm.
    0   22   *    *    5    root    /usr/local/bin/cvsrun | sendmail root

(Note: change the fifth field ("5") to "*" to get it to run every night.
Change the sendmail target to whatever user you want the email sent to.)

Then, create an executable file /usr/local/bin/cvsrun:

    echo "Subject: `hostname` weekly cvsup run"
    echo "Content-type: text/html"
    echo ""
    echo ""
    echo "<PRE>"
    /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -L 2 /usr/src/stable-supfile
    echo "</PRE>"

This should get you started.

--Dan

--