Date:      Mon, 01 Jul 1996 12:42:28 -0600
From:      Ian Roy <Ian.Roy@evolving.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        iroy@roma.diac.com, iroy@evolving.com
Subject:   NCR SCSI Controller, 2.1.0-RELEASE and installation

Hi all,

	I would like to exchange e-mail with someone who has had luck
installing
the 2.1.0-RELEASE on a machine configured something like mine, or anyone
who can
help me with my dilema -

	P133
	32 MB EDO RAM
	4X Mitsumi CD-ROM (IDE) - configured as MASTER, hooked to Primary IDE
	NCR PCI SCSI COntroller (53C810 reported by FreeBSD 2.1.0)
	2 GB HP SCSI Hard Drive
	Asus Motherboard with NCR SCSI support

	When I boot up the system with the atapi.flp, it recognizes that
I have a NCR 53C810 SCSI Controller at ncr0. The same line ends with
something
like "[No device drivers attached]".

	It then goes on to say something like "Waiting for SCSI devices to
settle". After a while it comes back giving some kind of error on
ncr0:6, something about script cmd and reg.

	When I try to do the Novice installation, it tells me that I have not
hard drives configured.

	Can anyone help me ?

	Thanks

	Ian Roy

PS: I'm sorry I don't remember the exact output
PSS: I am able to install Windows 95 ok.
**                                                                            **
**  #include <std/disclaimer.h>
**
**                                                                            **
**  Ian Roy                        E-Mail: iroy@evolving.com  (Work)
**
**                                 E-Mail: iroy@roma.diac.com (Home)
**
**                                                                            **
**  Evolving Systems, Inc.         WWW: http://www.diac.com/~roy
**
**  8000 E. Maplewood Ave.         Phone: (303) 802-1148
**
**  Englewood, CO 80014            Fax: (303) 802-1399
**
**
                                                                            **