Date:      Sun, 07 Mar 1999 20:52:34 -0300
From:      Rodrigo Ormonde <ormonde@aker.com.br>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Etherner PCCARDs not recognized

  I've installed FreeBSD 2.2.8 on a Fujitsu E330 notebook. Because the
GENERIC kernel has no support for the PCCARD controller, I've compiled a
new one, with the following additional options when compared to GENERIC:

options	LINT_PCCARD_HACK
controller	card0
device		pcic0	at card?
device		pcic1	at card?

All my hardware has been detected correctly, including the PCCARD
controller, with 2 slots, as shown below:

#dmesg | tail -3
PC-Card VLSI 82C146 (5 mem & 2 I/O windows)
pcic: controller irq 3
Initializing PC-card drivers: ed ep fe sio

I tried then to add two different ethernet pccards: a D-link DFE-650TX and
a NE2000 compatible. FreeBSD is able to detect when either card is inserted
or removed in each slot, however, it doesn't add a corresponding network
interface. The output of netstat -in only shows the lp0, tun0 and lo0
interfaces.

Is there anything that I must do in order to get the cards recognized ?

Please send a copy of the answers to me, I'm not on the list.

Thanks in advance,

--
Rodrigo de La Rocque Ormonde
e-mail: ormonde@aker.com.br

--> Turn your PC into a workstation. Use FreeBSD <--