Date:      Thu, 6 Jul 1995 22:40:10 +0100 (BST)
From:      Nik Clayton <Nik.Clayton@brunel.ac.uk>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sendmail configuration

Hi folks,

First, I know that what I'm about to ask has very little to do with
FreeBSD, and a lot to do with sendmail. I just thought I'd check here
because of the large installed FreeBSD base, most of whom are probably
using sendmail.

So, on to the questions:

1. Does anyone have an available configuration which bounces messages to
   unknown user at that site immediately, rather than after the hop
   count has exceeded?

   I.e., I'd rather know immediately if someone has sent something to
   xyzzy@my.domain rather than having sendmail try and deliver it 17
   times...

2. How do I use firstname.lastname type mailnames? The
   comp.mail.sendmail FAQ explains how to do it for firstname_lastname,
   but this isn't an option for me at the moment (unfortunately).

I've RTFM'd, and trawled through the sendmail.cf file, but I can't see
anything that looks remotely like it might aid me in what I want to do.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

=-[Opinion, n: See the above text for an example]=-=[Kibo #: e]-[RYRYRY]=-=
=-[The Silly Sod Society: To perfect and to swerve]=-[beable]-=[TP U BG]=-=
Show respect for age.  Drink good Scotch for a change.