Date:      Sat, 21 Jul 2001 01:37:55 -0700
From:      Farooq Mela <fmela0@sm.socccd.cc.ca.us>
To:        anholt@teleport.com, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Matrox G400 and XFree86-4/DRI

Ah, it's great replying to your own posts ;-)

I have DRI going with the drm.ko and mga.ko kernel modules, those
loaded and worked without incident.

Now, I'd just like to get it working with Xinerama; I have one
XF86Config for DRI, single display, and a non-DRI one for using both
my monitors. However, when I try to start Xinerama it says I'm missing
an mga_hal.o file, which is apparently needed for getting dual-head
working with the G400. This doesn't build out of
/usr/ports/x11/XFree86-4/work/xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/mga
either. Any ideas on how to build this file, or where to get it? :*D

-Farooq