Date:      Wed, 20 Oct 2004 09:02:59 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
To:        ceyong@yahoo.com, freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multicast problem in vls on freebsd 4.10

on Tue, 19 Oct 2004 03:41:08 -0700 (PDT), Yong Chu Eu <ceyong@yahoo.com> asked:

>  When i install freeBSD 4.10 without kame code, my multicast function on
>  router fail. i try to stream multicast video(vls) from router to vlc
>  player at client?

You may need to provide more information:

 How is your network configured?
    Is there a router or switch between the FreeBSD machine and the client?
	multicast packets are not passed by routers.
	some smart switches require enabling of multicast/IGMP on the ports.

 What Ethernet card are you using?

 Have you used tcpdump on the FreeBSD machine and/or a Windows Ethernet
  snooper to verify multicast/IGMP traffic?

--Mark Tinguely		tinguely@casselton.net