Date:      Sun, 20 Nov 2005 15:09:53 -0500
From:      Matt Singerman <matt.singerman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PHP stopped working :(

Hi all,

I have a FreeBSD 6.0 system which had PHP4 running perfectly fine on it.
However, I wanted to install Horde (www.horde) with IMP, which requires IMA=
support, so I decided to try and recompile PHP using
/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions, first running make deinstall in
php4-extensions and php4. At first, this did not work. I checked, and sure
enough, the old data for the compilation was in /var/db/ports, so I deleted
it out. Anyway, I ran make and make install in
/usr/ports/lang/php4-extensions without any problems, then I ran make and
make install in /usr/ports/lang/php4. This is where I first noticed things
looked a bit weird. It didn't seem like php4 was completely recompiling it;
that is, it didn't seem to take long enough. But it claimed to have worked
correctly, so I restarted Apache. Lo and behold, my problems started. First
off, and this is weird, my test file - a simple file containing only a
callto phpInfo() - will work in IE, but not in Firefox. Check it out:

http://list.mchgroup.org/test.php

Second, SquirrelMail won't load at all:

http://list.mchgroup.org/squirrelmail/src/login.php

I have tried deinstalling and reinstalling PHP countless times now, with no
results. I checked my httpd.conf file, and all seems okay. Any ideas what
this could be? I'm very trustrated at this point, and am considering blowin=
away Apache and starting it from scratch :(

Thanks,

Matt