Date:      Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:24:28 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Victor Salaman <salaman@teknos.com>
Cc:        "'Poul-Henning Kamp'" <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, "'Scott Mitchell'" <rsm@acm.org>, Colin Eric Johnson <colinj@cs.unm.edu>, Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>, David Kulp <dkulp@neomorphic.com>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: compatibility list

> My mail was not meant for anyone to get mad, forgive me if it sounded like
> that. I'm really happy with FreeBSD, it's just that I've seen how PAO died

I think you need to focus your attention on more specific issues
rather than just yelling and waving your hands around.  If you're
really inclined to HELP here rather than just pissing people like Poul
off with lots of vague, unfounded assertions about how things are in
the laptop community then get behind Scott Mitchell and HELP.  That
means a tangible, technical contribution, not just whining about Linux
doing this or new users needing that.  Scott's stepped up to the
plate, so how do you intend to help him do his new job?

I don't even want you to answer that question for now, I just want you
to think about it and then drop Scott a line volunteering your
services when you've figured out the answer.  No other type of
contribution is as valuable or required than this one right now.

- Jordan