Date:      Thu, 22 Oct 1998 09:33:54 -0700
From:      Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   problem with plextor cdrom

hiya,

I'm getting this error when trying to mount a windows98 cd
on my freebsd-current (of the 17th) pc with a Plextor PX-32TSi cdrom drive:

	# mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd0c /mnt
	cd9660: /dev/cd0c: Invalid argument

at the same time, I get this message in the syslog:

	Oct 22 09:27:02 pc /kernel: dscheck: negative b_blkno -1090556912

The scsi controller is the onboard AIC7890 of an ASUS P2B-S motherboard.
Mounting this same cd worked just fine using an older Sony scsi cdrom
on the same machine before I got the plextor drive.  The plextor drive
can mount this cd just fine when the drive is hooked up to a sparc.

anyone seen this before?

-Chuck