Date:      Mon, 14 Mar 2005 10:24:05 +0000 (UTC)
From:      "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
To:        dlt@mebtel.net
Subject:   Re: A pair of LORs

On Mon, 14 Mar 2005, Antoine Brodin wrote:

> Derek Tattersall <dlt@mebtel.net> wrote:
> > This happened on a 6.0 current system supped and built this morning.
> > I didn't see this recorded on Herr Zeeb's page, so perhaps somebody
> > has some clues to offer?
> [snip]
> > lock order reversal
> > 1st 0xc26f1300 so_rcv (so_rcv) @ /usr/src/sys/kern/uipc_socket.c:1256
> > 2nd 0xc23a96c4 skc0 (network driver) @ /usr/src/sys/pci/if_sk.c:1112
>
> For the second LOR, you can try the patch available at:
> http://sources.zabbadoz.net/freebsd/patchset/if_sk.c-HEAD-20050303-01.diff

if you are going to try that please use the [1-4]of4 patches from
same directory and apply in ascending order.

But I doubt it will help with this LOR (but testing would be good anyway;)

An interesting thing to know would be if you have sk0 and sk1 (dual port) ?

The first one is a more general problem (also seen with other NICs).
I have been told there is work in progress...

--
Greetings