Date:      Sun, 13 Nov 2016 21:42:49 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: unbound forward.conf gets overwritten

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 21:16:42 +0100 (CET), Marco Beishuizen wrote:
> I have a local caching dns running using unbound. Everything works, except
> accessing the cloud storage. In order to reach the cloud storage server I
> added "forward-addr: clo.ud.isp.dns" to /var/unbound/forward.conf. After a
> restart of unbound, the cloud storage is reachable.
>
> But after a reboot de file forward.conf gets overwritten and all forward
> addresses are gone.
>
> So how do I get the cloud storage address accessible in unbound?

If I remember correctly, /var/unbound content is getting generated
automatically, so changes to those files will not survive a reboot.
Check "man unbound.conf" on how to set the forward-addr options in
the ("static") configuration file. At service (re)start, those should
cause the required settings in /var/unbound/forward.conf to appear.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany