Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 10:12:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Beattie <beattie@aracnet.com>
To:        Masafumi NAKANE/=?iso-2022-jp?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: aic0 on -current

On Sat, 19 Sep 1998, Masafumi NAKANE/[iso-2022-jp] 中根雅文 wrote:

> Is aic0 no longer supported on -current?
>
> I updated my system to -current as of about 24 hours ago, and as I do
> make depend in the kernel compile directory, I get:
>
> cc: ../../dev/aic6x60/aic.c: No such file or directory
> cc: ../../i386/isa/aic_isa.c: No such file or directory
> mkdep: compile failed
>
> I thought I did something wrong in the kernel configuration file as I
> updated it for CAM, so I tried to boot my system with the GENERIC
> kernel.  But, now even the GENERIC kernel doesn't find my card.  Am I
> missing something, or is aic0 no longer supported?

Currently the aic driver is not supported by cam.  The aic driver supports
controllers base on the 6260/6360 chip from adaptec, this list as far as I
know is 152x, 1510, 1505, 1640 (pcmcia), and some other that slip my mind
right now. I am working on a new device driver by that name for cam.  I am
working with a 1522 card, in my free time.  I would expect it to be about
two weeks before I have a functionaly correct driver.

Brian Beattie            | If my corporate life has taught me anything,
beattie@aracnet.com      | it was that running multi-million dollar
www.aracnet.com/~beattie | projects in no way implied managerial competence.