Date:      Fri, 5 Sep 2003 13:00:00 -0700
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        tokza <postfix@sendmail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sony vaio PCG-V505BX

On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 11:16:22PM +0400, tokza wrote:
> Hi!
>
> does anybody have success with running freebsd 5.1 on subj?

I had a V505B as a loaner in August. I installed a snapshot on
it without problems. The builtin WIFI was not recognized, but
that was easily fixed. There was no problem with ACPI.

You probably have a slightly different model (based on the fact
that your builtin WiFi worked OOTB), but I doubt it will have a
big impact on ACPI.

> 6. ACPI is BROKEN. There is no APM on this laptop and acpi seems to fails
> during boot process.

How does it fail?

>  7. does freebsd have smth like linux's /dev/sonypi and spicctrl to control
> LCD lightness, use functional keys, etc?

I had spic0 configured, but never use any of its features.