Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 2004 17:02:29 -0800
From:      Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, m.dunham@connectingteams.com
Cc:        ole@netrogue.de
Subject:   Re: kdelibs3 configure script reports LibXext error

On Wednesday 11 February 2004 04:08 pm, Michael Dunham wrote:
> OleVo wrote:
>
> Subject: kdelibs3 configure script reports LibXext error
> To: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
>
> I'm trying to install the KDE3 which came with freeBSD 4.9 from
> ports. Unfortunately the installation fails while installing the
> kdelibs3 with the following error:

Actually, the damaged foot looks to be self-inflicted. His port list
includes XFree86-libraries and libXext. Since kdelibs couldn't detect
libXext, he probably installed libXext last. Before he tries anything
else, he needs to delete the port libXext and reinstall
XFree86-libraries. He may still have the same problem but I never had
any problem updating kdelibs from 3.1.4 to 3.2.0 on FreeBSD-4.9-stable.

Kent

--
Kent Stewart
Richland, WA