Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2003 21:56:03 +0200 (CEST)
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Current and Cisco Aironet 350

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> Here's hwat I have in my /etc/rc.conf:

Thanks a lot, Warner. Now, it seems we're back at (what seems) the
original problem.  Booting up oldcard with the parameters you mentioned, I
get:

an0: <Aironet PC4500/PC4800> at port 0x240-0x27f irq 11 slot 0 on pccard0
an0: got RSSI <-> dBM map
an0: Ethernet address: 00:07:eb:30:88:07
an0: supported rates: 1Mbps 2Mbps 5.5Mbps 11Mbps
malloc() of "256" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
exclusive sleep mutex an0 (network driver) r = 0 (0xc19ccf38) locked @
dev/an/if_an.c:677
malloc() of "256" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
exclusive sleep mutex an0 (network driver) r = 0 (0xc19ccf38) locked @
dev/an/if_an.c:677
malloc() of "512" with the following non-sleepablelocks held:
exclusive sleep mutex an0 (network driver) r = 0 (0xc19ccf38) locked @
dev/an/if_an.c:677

So, it seems that there are lock issues, which MAY be related to the
locking by the an-driver with the newcard. But, on the positive side, the
an0 driver seems to work great with OLDCARD with the Cisco 350, and I'll
take it for a spin tomorrow when I get to uni where I have access to the
network.

But, I'll do some digging to try to find out where the an0 locks with the
newcard. If there are any special tests you'd suggest I'd be more than
happy to try them out.

Cheers

  Nik