Date:      Wed, 06 Dec 2000 17:28:28 +0900
From:      Tatsumi Hosokawa <hosokawa@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hosokawa@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Progress report: Multilingual sysinstall for -current

Hi!

I've ported Multilingual sysinstall to -current.  I put the latest
source and binaries (Japanese/Englush only) is at
http://people.freebsd.org/~hosokawa/boot-ja/5.0-CURRENT/release-20001206-1/
(please note that non-English docuemnt files are based on 4.2-RELEASE)

Currently, this implementation supports Japanese, Korean, Traditional
Chinese, and Russian.  The status of translation work is:

Japanese:		finished
Korean:			finished
Traditional Chinese:	about to finish
Russian:		only *.hlp files have been translated

This code has some minor problems, but it works.  I think it's better
to change the development of this project to open style.  I would like
to import this code to -current CVS repositry soon if there's no
objections.

FYI: for 4.2-RELEASE,
http://people.freebsd.org/~hosokawa/boot-ja/4.2-RELEASE/release-20001205-1/
contains source, and binaries for all supported languages.

--
Tatsumi Hosokawa
<hosokawa@FreeBSD.org>