Date:      Sun, 26 Mar 1995 22:12:02 -0800
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Brad Midgley <brad@pht.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: PCI SCSI Wide support?

>Hi guys...
>
>I just got the 3/22 snap and I'm anxious to try it out (we've been using
>vanilla 2.0 and it's had a tendency to want to reboot about once a day).
>
>We have a wide-SCSI (2940W) controller which I'd like to put in our
>FreeBSD machine and I've been watching discussion 2940 of support with a
>little bit of disappointment.

Sorry to have disappointed you.  I'm the one responsible for the Wide support
in both FreeBSD and Linux.  I have it working for three people who have tried
it.  Hopefully the 3/22 snap will work for you too.

>We want to be able to use SCSI-wide drives on our mission-critical
>machine, so are there other controller cards for which support is very
>solid now?

Few people have wide devices.  I think that the NCR controllers work.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1