Date:      Sat, 15 Apr 2000 15:12:39 +0100 (BST)
From:      Jose Marques <noway@nohow.demon.co.uk>
To:        Alex Kwan <alexkwan@pacific.net.hk>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Toshiba Libretto Floppy Disk

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Alex Kwan wrote:

> I have seen the /etc/pccard.conf.sample of 4.0R,  and know that the
> Libretto Floppy Disk was supported by 4.0R,
> Does any Libretto user have used this disk to install the R.40?
> or just only for access?

I have used this drive to install FreeBSD 4.0R on my Libretto 70CT.  The
procedure I used was;

1) Copy FreeBSD CDROM to DOS partition using Win95
2) Boot with the two FreeBSD install floppies
3) Tell the installation program to install from a DOS partition.

It should also be possible to do a network install.  I tried installing
from a SCSI CD-ROM but failed because I couldn't figure out how to do a
"camcontrol rescan 0" from the installation program.

Is the floppy drive really supported once FreeBSD is running?  I thought
it was broken - at least it doesn't work for me when I try it.

--
Jose Marques