Date:      Wed, 13 Mar 2002 10:07:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steven Lake <raiden@shell.core.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Killing old 2k partitions...

	Ok, I'm probubly doing something wrong, but I've got an old
Windows 2000 machine we're blowing away and reinstalling with FreeBSD 4.5
on a fresh install with a clean hard drive.  Now here's the issue.  Since
the machine was originally installed the partition was upgraded to a
dynamic disk.  I tried regular windows Fdisk, but it won't see it right,
and I can't seem to get the Fdisk util for FBSD to blow away the old
partitions correctly and make a proper 165 partition.  Any ideas?  The
other machine we upgraded from 2k to Fbsd didn't have it's disks converted
to dynamic and they came over fine.

	We haven't got anything mission critical on these boxes.
So any suggestions that you have are welcome.  We won't be risking
loosing any data since they're now just extra machines.  They're both
just old P2-300's we pulled out of service when we switched accounting
server software.  So we're just going to be using them as backup DNS
servers for now till they completely give up the ghost.  :)

	So in short, we blow em up, I'm not gonna cry.  :)