Date:      Wed, 3 Oct 2001 18:43:06 -0700
From:      Elden Fenison <moon_dog@spamcop.net>
To:        The Psychotic Viper <psyv@sec-it.net>
Cc:        Radhika Sambamurti <radhika_narendran@yahoo.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: chmod as root not working

* On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 03:15:53AM +0200, The Psychotic Viper wrote:
> Thats because windows and their filesystems (fat or ntfs) dont support
> unix type permission structures.You wont be able to change file
> permissions throught the "conventional" manner using chmod.

Linux allows for uid= and gid= in fstab. By using that you can set
global ownership on the mounted network share. Unfortunately, I'm not
certain whether that same thing works under FreeBSD or not. I've tried
it once and failed, but not looked much further into it.

--

-=Elden=-
http://www.moondog.org