Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 1995 11:52:00 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Etienne de Bruin <edebruin@kathryn.mikom.csir.co.za>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PPP on demand?

Hi, still trying to get the PPP to work:

First questions: What does it mean when I get the following
message: SIOCAIFADDR: File exists ???
This is what happens when I try to establish a ppp connection.

Furthermore: The unknown protocol of 0x802b still does not want
to go away even when I have checked the peer's settings which are
set to use ipcp (and not ipxcp)

After going through the ppp motions of dialing and logging in, when
I in another session try to let's say telnet to a site then I get
a host name lookup failure etc.  And yet when I (in ppp interactive
mode) do a show ipcp, I see that I am connected and have the correct
IP addresses etc.

So, what is going on?

eT
--
Etienne de Bruin, MIKOMTEK/CSIR, Republic of South Africa
Somebody, Somewhere is gonna Praise His Name.