Date:      Sat, 4 Sep 1999 14:08:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Sing-Cheong Ong <sing-cheong.ong@cmich.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Remote printing

Hi!

I finally installed FreeBSD on an old 486SX machine with 8 MB RAM on
/dev/wd1 (250MB), /dev/wd0  (120MB) has Linux. This machine is on a 3 node
local network. All works well under Linux and most of FreeBSD-network and
IP masqerate thru the Linux gateway no problem. I have a printer attached
to the first node (my gateway) running Linux. I have set up the other two
Linux nodes to print to the printer with no problem. When I setup in a
similar way for the FreeBSD, it printed for the first couple of times.
Then I get these error messages:

lpr: connect: No such file or directory
jobs queued, but cannot start daemon.

I just can't understand why it worked for the first couple of times. Which
file is refered to in "No such file or director" message?

The FreeBSD I am running is 3.2-RELEASE.

Any help in resolving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thaks,

Sing-Cheong Ong