Date:      Mon, 03 May 1999 09:56:40 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        paul@originative.co.uk
Cc:        dg@root.com, junkmale@xtra.co.nz, freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Why is Linux Successful? - An Opinion.

paul@originative.co.uk wrote:

> [...]

Many of the untruths are about Linux, not FreeBSD.  The idea that anyone
can put code into Linux, for instance.  Go back and read the interview
with Alan Cox at Linux Weekly News, where he admits one of the gating
factors for getting 2.2 out the door were long gaps where Linus was
not available to commit patches.  So, in order of who can ACTUALLY add
code, we have FreeBSD with ~200 committers (the core team isn't the
only body that can commit code, they're the reviewers and arbiters) and
Linux with 1.  Which is more likely to get bottlenecked during heavy
crunches?  Which is glacial at getting releases out?