Date:      Fri, 3 Jul 98 11:41:08 +0200
From:      THIERRY.HERBELOT@telspace.alcatel.fr
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   tcpdump on a dial-in PPP connection ?

     Hello,

     I would like to see what packets are exchanged on a dialin PPP link

     I manage my modem with mgetty (as indicated in the handbook)  - on an
     incoming call, all goes well : ppp is established, ....

     my setup is a 225-Release with a fairly recent user-ppp
     (ppp-980227_src.tgz).

     BUT ....

     I can't get tcpdump working on tun0

     I suspect it must be configuered in/etc/ppp/ppp.linkup
     I've added :
     #
     MYADDR:
      delete 0
      add 0 0 HISADDR
      !bg tcpdump -l -i tun0 >> /tmp/tun0

     but no way, the /tmp/tun0 doesn't exist.

     Any ideas ?

        TIA

        TfH