Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 03:56:57 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Festival and NAS

I'm trying to get festival to work, but it can't access the
NAS server, and an error message appears:

Can't access NAS server

   You have selected NAS as the audio output but have no server running on
   that machine or your DISPLAY or AUDIOSERVER environment variable is not
   set properly for your output device. Either set these properly or
   change the audio output device in `lib/siteinit.scm' as described

The problem is that although the port claims to have installed nasd
and nasd.conf.eg and libraries, and they're listed by pkg_info -L,
they aren't in fact installed.  And not in the work directory where the
port was built either.  So I am puzzled about what went wrong--I've
never had a port claim that it installed files it hadn't installed.

		Annelise