Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:00:16 +0900
From:      Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iij.ad.jp>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPV6/KAME/protosw integration cleanup

Julian,

Julian Elischer wrote:

> > I tend to agree with itojun.  Although I understand FreeBSD guys want
> > to make code from KAME cleaner in terms of FreeBSD's own point of
> > view, it will make future merge from KAME to FreeBSD harder.  This is
> > a trade-off issue, but at this moment, I think we'll still need
> > further merge from KAME to FreeBSD, so I'd prefer keeping the code "as
> > is" for a while.
>
> Although I understand KAME guys want
> to make code from KAME cleaner in terms of KAME's own point of
> view, it will make future merge from Almost anywhere else to FreeBSD harder.

Let us express that KAME code is designed for all the *BSDs.  We don't
have enough resources to arrange KAME code for each BSD as they want
to be.  Althogh I understand your point that some parts of KAME code
is not a FreeBSD's manner, but currentry, this is the best compromise
to support all the BSDs with minimum efforts.  Please understand our
approach...

---
Keiichi SHIMA <keiichi@iij.ad.jp>
IIJ Research Laboratory / KAME project