Date:      16 Apr 2000 01:54:54 -0700
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: KDE2 import into tree

 * From: Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>

 * I told you, I already planned on doing as such, with the ports that have
 * existing cousins. But only once I'm done with them, for certainty. ;>
 * [ remember, i said i would ask, in a message on freefall... ]

Sorry, I may have logged out from my laptop before I read that message.

 * There is one thing that is doubtful, though. The KDE people have a little
 * addon to Qt called "kde-qt-addon", which is required for kdelibs2. I'm not
 * sure if a repo-copy should be performed from any specific port, since it is
 * not only related to kde, but also qt. I would have to recommand a pure
 * import, in this case. Do you know of any libraries that are intended as
 * extensions to other libraries, but are intended to be used with a library
 * based on said library? I'm looking for precedent here.

If there is no port it replaces, you don't need a repository copy.

Satoshi