Date:      Sun, 18 Aug 1996 16:09:49 +0000 ()
From:      "Lenzi, Sergio" <lenzi@bsi.com.br>
To:        Lanny Baron <lannyb@cybertouch.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hostname can't be resolved

Hello Lanny.

Ref your FreeBSD machine...

Please check:
1) options gateway=YES on the /etc/sysconfig.
2) netmask on the network is the same on all machines in the same "net".
3) netstat -r shows a valid default gateway, that is a machine that the
BSD can reach, using the ethernet interface. Ex:
	ifconfig ep0 206.186.50.133 netmask 0xffffff00
	route add default 206.186.50.1
        In this case the bsd can find the default gateway because the
	machine "1" is in the mask 0xffffff00 of the ep0 interface.
	And this machine "1" knows how to talk to the internt. May be it
	is a cisco router.

If you send me more data, I can help you to put the machine online.

Sergio Lenzi.

Unix consult.