Date:      Sat, 20 Nov 2010 11:42:36 +0200
From:      Lars Eggert <lars.eggert@nokia.com>
To:        gumbo@bsdmail.org
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw "fwd" command fails using  ipv6 addresses

--Apple-Mail-4-553827658

On 2010-11-19, at 21:56, gumbo@bsdmail.org wrote:
> The following command works fine for ipv4 addresses but fails for ipv6 =
addresses.
> ipfw add 101 fwd nextaddr ip from myaddr to any out
> This works fine if nextaddr and myaddr are ipv4 but fails to work if =
they resolve to ipv6.
> Is this not yet supported or is there another way to accomplish the =
same thing ?

I ran into the same issue a few months ago, and the answer was that IPv6 =
support in ipfw is generally still not on par with IPv4. So yes, this is =
known.

(I do think that this lack of IPv6 features is a problem. But FreeBSD is =
a volunteer effort, and I can't commit any of my own cycles to fixing =
this so I really don't have a right to complain either.)

Lars=

--Apple-Mail-4-553827658--