Date:      Thu, 19 Dec 1996 11:53:55 +1030 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        me@gw.muc.ditec.de
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, ports@freebsd.org, jkh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ports INDEX browser update

Michael Elbel stands accused of saying:

> >I'd be inclined to try for something more useful, like a Wyse 120GT
> >perhaps 8)
>
> The one where character attributes were stored as special characters
> on screen, affecting text that was already there when you inserted
> one? I'm afraid that'd be nearly impossible to do with Emu as-is.

No, that's the TVI925 & friends, which the Wyse 60 was compatible
with.  (Magic cookie mode and all that.)  The 120GT does bitmapped
graphics, and I seem to recall someone having an X server (R4 IIRC)
that ran on the host and let you use it as an Xterm.  They were very
proud of it, claiming that it was more cost effective to have a single
large Unix box running N copies of this server and their cheap
terminals than to buy "real" Xterms.