Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:29:27 -0800
From:      brian@worldcontrol.com
To:        thevapors <admin@reportz.net>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: silo overflow

On Mon, Jan 25, 1999 at 04:50:13PM -0500, thevapors wrote:

[my ppp session is broke]

> So I decided to try connect manually by typing term from the ppp
> prompt.  This is what happends:
>
> I type: atdt<my isps phone number>
>
> It dials and starts talking and everything, then if I hit enter I get
> like 5 lines of silo overflows.  This is what the silo overflow lines
> look like:
>
> Jan 23 23:44:01 myname /kernel: sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 1)
>
> Theres a few lines like that and the total at the end keeps going up
> until 3.

Try using a lower baud rate, perhaps 38400 or 9600, and see if that
changes things.

I have a Cardinal 56K external modem and it utterly refuses to work
reliably at 57600.  Works fine at 38400.  The same serial port and
serial cable work well at 115200 with my Motorola BitsurferPro.

--
Brian Litzinger <brian@litzinger.com>