Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 2004 15:35:45 -0400
From:      Louis LeBlanc <freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: non-interactive password

On 04/24/04 06:52 PM, Mikko Työläjärvi sat at the `puter and typed:
> On Sat, 24 Apr 2004, Louis LeBlanc wrote:
>
> > Hey everyone.  I'm trying to recreate a password script that sets
> > passwords (as root on the local system only).  The trick is that it
> > must change the password non-interactively.  I had this working, but
> > when the system was trashed, the script was lost.
> >
> > Can someone refresh my memory on the command format?
>
>   echo "$password" | pw usermod "$user" -h0
>
> Might do the trick.

'fraid not.  It fails quietly, but it fails.

Thanks anyway.

Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     Ô¿Ô¬

Bagdikian's Observation:
  Trying to be a first-rate reporter on the average American newspaper
  is like trying to play Bach's "St. Matthew Passion" on a ukelele.