Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2001 12:32:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Deadlocks, whee!

On 15-Mar-01 Matthew Jacob wrote:
> btw- it's been true for quite some time that ithreads seem to get dropped and
> not addressed- at least I think that this might be what would explain isp
> timeouts during makeworlds.

Hmmmmmmmm.  When an interrupt comes in we always mark it as needing to be
serviced before we grab the scheduler lock, and in the main ithread loop we
always check that flag after getting the scheduler lock before we switch out.
That _should_ mean that interrupts shouldn't be lost.

> When you deadlock'd your alpha, did you go and brew a cup of tea? What's your
> quantum for determining deadlock?

No interrupts.  I.e. ctrl-alt-esc doesn't work, pings are dropped, etc.  I
think it locked up durng an overnight buildworld and I reset it the next day.