Date:      Sat, 14 Feb 1998 01:07:54 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Bryan K. Ogawa" <bkogawa@primenet.com>
To:        dallas.tex@airmail.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: XTERM

In localhost.freebsd.questions you write:

>I'm tring to run a program that uses ANIS color and was told I need to set the
>ENV VAR to * SET TERM COLOR * ? to be able to display the colors with out
>seeing ansi seq's. ANy help on HOW to set this please ?

>I'm running 2.2.5-R with FVWM2

I don't think the stock xterm which comes with the X distribution does
color.  I'd recommend rxvt instead, which does handle it.  Look in the
ports/packages for it.

rxvt is also half the memory size of xterm, so it's good even if you
don't need color.
--
bryan k ogawa  <bkogawa@primenet.com>   http://www.primenet.com/~bkogawa/