Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 2004 15:22:18 -0700
From:      Matt Anderson <emattman@cascadeaccess.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Regarding "Problems with 5.2.1 Release"

Hello again everyone!

Thanks to all that responded.

Here is where it stands.

1.  The bootmanager issue is still an issue but I can work around it.

2.  As for the sound card.  I tried the kldload snd_driver and it forced a
reboot of my machine.  Ah...  Ok.  I remembered that I had turned off "Plug N
Play OS" in my BIOS.  I turned that back on and rebooted.  kldload snd_driver
then ran just fine.  But, no sound in KDE or Gnome.

I'm trying the custom kernal again now.  The other thing I should mention is
that this computer has a funky internal modem with built in sound AND a
soundblaster type card.

I think that may be confusing things.  As I'm networked and my iMac is the one
actually dialing out, I think I'll just remove the modem from this machine
and see where it goes from there.

Thanks again!

Matt Anderson