Date:      Thu, 31 May 2007 19:01:06 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Murray Taylor <MTaylor@bytecraft.com.au>
Subject:   Re: printing a very long-line files with openoffice using "letter" pages

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 08:30:04AM +1000, Murray Taylor wrote:
> the poster util is what you want
>
> /usr/ports/print/poster
>

> POSTER(1)
> POSTER(1)
>

> NAME
>        poster - Scale and tile a postscript image to print on multiple
> pages
>
> SYNOPSIS
>        poster <options> infile
>
> DESCRIPTION
>        Poster  can be used to create a large poster by building it from
> multi-
>        ple pages and/or printing it on large media.  It  expects  as
> input  a
>        generic  (encapsulated)  postscript file, normally printing on a
> single
>        page.  The output is again a postscript file, maybe containing
> multiple
>        pages together building the poster.  The output pages bear
> cutmarks and
>        have slightly overlapping images for easier assembling.  The
> input pic-
>        ture will be scaled to obtain the desired size.

	hey, thanks, murry!!

	scribus just finished, but it may be overkill.  poster sounds
	like what I'm looking for; with overlap and cutmarks, yes :-)

	have a good one,

	gary

	ps: i figured there were other hackers who wanted to do this.

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix