Date:      Tue, 2 Feb 2021 23:21:48 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        LuMiWa <lumiwa@dismail.de>
Cc:        LuMiWa via freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: vi editor

On Tue, 2 Feb 2021 05:21:55 -0500, LuMiWa via freebsd-questions wrote:
> I do not what happened but yesterday when I start typing it doesn't
> respond on the keyboard immediately. I need to type from 5 to 10 times
> and than start. I never had the same problem in 20 years.
> For user I have ksh93 shell and root sh but on the both are the same.

A few questions:

Does this delay affect shell interaction already, or is it present
only in vi?

Does it happen inside an X session (terminal) or at the console?
If inside X, which input method are you using, and how?

Do you use the system locally or via network connection?

Lagging _could_ be a problem of networking (if networking is
involved here). But any program generating system load could
interfere with input processing, so check "top" output for
any suspicious values. Also try "reset" to get rid of any
terminal misconfiguration that might have happened.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany