Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 19:46:28 -0700
From:      BSD <bsd@xtremedev.com>
To:        "Pratt, Benjamin E." <bepratt@stcloudstate.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Incomplete Ports

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 08:41:51PM -0600, Pratt, Benjamin E. wrote:
> Hello, I'm working on creating a FreeSBIE CD as a new project of mine.  I'm running FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE-p3 #0: Thu Mar 18 20:46:44 CST 2004.
>
> I've been installing a bunch of different utilities so that I can get them on the CD but I've run into a few that have incomplete ports. For example, /usr/ports/sysutils/fileutils/ has just a README.html file in it.  I just ran cvsup to update my ports tree and no change.  I checked at http://www.freebsd.org/ports/ and could only search up to the 5.1-RELEASE ports tree.
>
> I've got a list of 18 ports that has only this README.html file so it doesn't seem to be just a random occurance.

Not random. Those ports got moved/renamed/removed to something else. For
example, fileutils got renamed to coreutils. Look up those ports in
freshports.org to see what happened to them:

For fileutils:
  http://www.freshports.org/sysutils/fileutils

Just put the relative path of the port and prepend
http://www.freshports.org/ to it. Ie.,
  http://www.freshports.org/graphics/gimp1