Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 08:34:36 -0500
From:      Kim Shrier <kim@tinker.com>
To:        Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
Cc:        "'hackers@freebsd.org'" <hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to go about making a compiler port

The Objective C port in lang/objc has the same problem.  The Makefile
detects if there is an Objective C compiler and if not, it downloads
a bootstrap version of the compiler as C source and builds that first.
It then uses the bootstrap compiler to build the Objective C compiler
and support libraries.  This way, you don't have to add a
"make bootstrap" step.

Kim Shrier
--
 Kim Shrier - principal, Shrier and Deihl - mailto:kim@tinker.com
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development