Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 11:04:18 -0600
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?Braulio_Jos=E9_Solano_Rojas?= <braulio@bsolano.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>, <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Intel PCI Modem

Hello!

I have an "Intel V92 HaM Data Fax Voice" Modem.  It is a hardware based
modem.  Mi pnpbios recognizes it as "Simple COMM. controler  IRQ12".

I would like to hack sio.c in order to get it working.  Therefore I think I
should add an entry to pci_ids[] like:
{hex x, "Intel V92 HaM Data Fax Voice", hex y}

But I do not know what are hex x and hex y, or if it is going to work.

With dmesg I can see this:
pci0 <unknown card> (vendor=0x1813, dev=0x4000) at 9.0 irq 12

And if I do pciconf -l:
none0@pci0:9:0: class=0x078000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x40001813 rev=0x02
hdr=0x00

My questions are:
* What are hex x and hex y?
* If I hack sio.c like I intend to, is my modem going to work?
* If so, would be the following line correct in my kernel configuration
file:
device    sio2 at isa? port IO_COM3 irq 12
?

Please, I will appreciate very much your help.

I would like very much to connect to Internet so I can build ports, ftp,
telnet, :-)

Best regards,

Braulio Solano