Date:      Thu, 06 Apr 2000 18:08:22 -0500
From:      Alan Edmonds <alan.edmonds@sterling.com>
To:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
Cc:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@emsphone.com>, Dave Runkle <drunkle@home.com>, Freebsd Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Best Time Synch Utility

ntp is designed for this kind of thing.  Setup
one or more servers and setup the PCs to sync
from the server.  We configured our routers
as NTP servers; they are configured to pass
the NTP broadcast packets between subnets.

Works very well for use.  Just start ntpd on
startup; no crontab, etc required.

Cheers,
--
Alan Edmonds, KB5ZUY               Sterling Software
                                   M/S 132