Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:49:38 +0100
From:      "Steve O'Hara-Smith" <steve@sohara.org>
To:        Peter Schultz <pmes@btinet.net>
Cc:        wkb@freebie.xs4all.nl
Subject:   Re: hiding e-mail adresses needed badly

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 04:43:27 -0500
Peter Schultz <pmes@btinet.net> wrote:

> However, since that fateful
> e-mail I have been viciously attacked by spammers posing as Microsoft
> security updaters.  These spams include attachments making them all
> around 150KB in size.  Maybe others of you have seen them?

	Certainly have - they're not spammers it's a worm, called Swen.
It targets an amazing variety of things, including every email address
it can get hold of. One of my accounts gets about a hundred a day of
these *still*. If you get infected it filters your inbox and removes
attempts to reinfect you so that you don't see it at all.