Date:      Sun, 14 Feb 1999 13:24:32 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Patrick Morren <patrick.morren@planetinternet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freebsd rel. 3.0 or 2.2.8.

Patrick Morren wrote:

> I want to start with FREEBSD. But in the shop I can buy rel. 3.0 or 2.2.8.
>
> Witch release do I have to buy.

I think 3.1 is coming out soon, you might like to wait for that instead.
If you're in a hurry, I think 3.0 is not aimed at people new to FreeBSD,
so 2.2.8 might be a better choice to get started with.

> Is it possible to run some programs designed for win 3.11 or win95 under
> FREEBSD.

The short answer is "no". The longer answer is maybe, you could like at
the wine port. More information on wine is at http://www.winehq.com/ I
beleive.

--
Ben Smithurst