Date:      12 Jan 1998 11:25:51 +0100
From:      dag-erli@ifi.uio.no (Dag-Erling Coidan Smørgrav)
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD splash in a wired article.

Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net> writes:
> http://www.wired.com/news/news/technology/story/9581.html

"DeVoe said that openly-developed operating systems, such as FreeBSD
and Linux, had patches available for the teardrop exploit very early
on."

AFAIR BSD-based OSes, unlike Windows and Linux, never *were*
vulnerable to teardrop - or does my memory fail me?

--
 * Finrod (INTJ) * Unix weenie * dag-erli@ifi.uio.no * cellular +47-92835919 *
  RFC1123: "Be liberal in what you accept, and conservative in what you send"