Date:      Mon, 15 Oct 2001 23:27:12 -0400
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Matt Sykes <matt-sykes@excite.com>, Jason Andresen <jandrese@mitre.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 0.00% CPU for all processes

"top" consistently shows as 0.00% for me while running top.

On a relatively idle machine, only X-related processes

(xosview, kmail, XFree86, mozilla)

ever show as anything other than 0.00%, so if you are running in console
mode, 0.00% might quite possibly be right for everything.

The CPU will show up as right busy, though, if, well, it's busy.

Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------

http://www.eff.org                 http://www.programming-freedom.org