Date:      Wed, 18 Feb 1998 12:10:28 -0700 (MST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        "Brent J. Nordquist" <nordquist@platinum.com>, "'Mike Smith'" <mike@smith.net.au>, "'freebsd-stable@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FW: Merge mania in -stable; heads up!

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > OK... to be absolutely precise, "make -j4 world".  I've always done
> > parallel makes before with -stable, and I'm assuming that's not relevant?
>
> It could be.  I'd stop doing that until you determine the cause here
> since none of us are able to reproduce your symptoms (and I certainly
> don't use -j).

I can proudly say I can reproduce this! :-) I also was using -j4.  I did
a make bootstrap and it appears (the build isn't finished but I think it's
past ftp now) that fixed it.  Hmmmm...

I also had this problem the last time I did a make world.  Funny thing is
my "old" machine which is also running -stable doesn't have this problem
nor does Brian Handy's machine which is running stable.  My new work
machine is the newest of the installs I believe (early January).  The home
"old" machine has been running 2.2-stable since it was released.

Brett
Brett Taylor 		brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
http://peloton.physics.montana.edu/brett/

When you wake up in the morning