Date:      Wed, 11 Apr 2001 17:42:00 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jim Durham <durham@w2xo.pgh.pa.us>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adaptec 1460 Slim SCSI on 4.3RC

I posted this before, but used my account at work,
which may have been rejected..so sorry if it duplicates..

I'm trying to get an Adaptec 1460 Slim SCSI PC Card to
work on a Dell Inspiron 4000.

The card is recognized, it scans the bus for a drive, finds
it, lets me mount it, then soon fails with an i/0 error.

I've tried different drives and the drives are fine on another
controller.

The problem seems to be related to some buffer or cache filling
or overflowing, as a certain amount of disk activity in copying,
deleting files, etc, causes the problem.

The machine becomes totally locked on that VTY. Logging in from
another VTY shows the copy or delete process is locked in
state D+ (device hang).

Anyone had any luck with this card. Do I need to upgrade to -current?

Thanks,

Jim Durham