Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 02:18:02 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: contributing to the free(dom) community

According to David Hummel:
>    1) A simple DNS exchange where admins can find other admins who are
>    willing to provide secondary name service with each other.

You can post on USENET in comp.protocols.tcp-ip.*

>    2) A large scale project similar to Granite Canyon. The difference
>    would be that rather than just one secondary server, there would be
>    many. It would be possible to spread the load over many servers
>    and networks. Contributors would set up secondary DNS

I haven't looked at Granite Canyon but I'm part time hostmaster for EU.org
which was created by one friend of mine [now committer in FreeBSD], Pierre
Beyssac. More details at <http://www.EU.org/>.

Please note that EU.org is a naming service whareas ML.org was also a
webhosting one, something EU.org doesn't want (and can't anyway) to
provide.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #67: Tue Dec 29 20:24:02 CET 1998