Date:      Fri, 30 Nov 2007 00:53:21 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        dhaneshk k <dhaneshkk@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PDF_toTEXT  Port /Package  Is ther For FreeBSD-6.2 version ?

dhaneshk k wrote:
> Hi fiiends;
>
>    I need     PDF to Text converter Program in My FreeBSD6.2 Server :
>
> CAn any one please point out is ther a PORT for PDF_to_TEXT   conversion OR how to install this utility .
>
> Any hints most welcome
>
> Thanks in Advance
> Dhanesh

My friend,
You already have converter on your computer:-) Ghostscript!
Just type pdf2ps filename.pdf and then you can convert ps to ascii i
with the command ps2ascii.
If I remember well you can convert pdf directly to ascii but I forgot
how. I think something like pdftoacsii or pdf2ascii

In any case the software you want is not among converters but rather it
is in print. (ghostscript and I think dvips is useful to have) .
There was a thread about 3 months ago when we went systematically over
all converters.

Just look the archive.

Cheers,
Predrag